Working for STS
Take a leap and join our brilliant team!
Do you love working with people, trying new things and partaking in unique experiences? STS might be the company for you!
Our seasonal staff are paramount to our operations. They are the ones on site with our customers, making sure everybody has a good time, stays hydrated and uses plenty of sunscreen. They foster a fun and welcoming atmosphere and intuitively know how to create those special STS moments. They take pride in what they do, embodying STS’s core values: Respect, Passion and Expertise.
We all remember the feelings of independence and self-discovery we experienced the first time we went abroad by ourselves. It’s a beautiful thing to be able to share that experience with our students, helping to shape their future and giving them the chance to discover the world.
We are looking for leaders and staff to give our students the experience of a lifetime. Join us at STS and meet other passionate people who are dedicated to empowering young people through cultural exchange!
At what job can you...
- Make a meaningful difference in the life of a child?
- Develop your own skills while being goofy, laughing, singing, dancing and just being yourself?
- Learn essential hands-on-skills for your future, like teamwork, problem-solving and leadership?
- Surround yourself with other self-starters?
- Tap into your creativity and think on your feet?
- Make lifelong friendships with people from all over the world?
- Grow professionally? (At STS your journey doesn’t end with the trip. Did you know that our CEO started as a Centre Manager?!)
My STS Journey
At STS, no two days are ever the same! From beach parties to museum tours, from the Grand Canyon to the banks of Brighton, one thing we can promise is that every day will be a new and exciting adventure. We understand there might be a lot of questions racing through your head, so here is a timeline of what you can expect from us:
- Recruitment begins in October.
- Interviews are conducted ongoing until January.
- Group interviews will occur in the following cities: Gothenburg (February 4th), Oslo (February 6th), Malmö (February 7th), Helsinki (February 15th), Stockholm (February 16th), Milan (TBC) and Rome (TBC).
- Offers of employment are extended starting in March (you will need to obtain a police background check).
- Training will take place for Activity Leaders (May 11th-12th) and Centre Staff (May 24th-26th) in Gothenburg. There will also be training on June 2nd for Activity Leaders in Rome.
- Departure Meeting held via Skype for your specific destination before you depart.
- Trips run June to August.
- Evaluations and Feedback.
- We host a Reunion Party for our students that leaders are always welcome to attend!
Our Training sessions are designed to help our leaders and staff feel comfortable with their role and destination for the summer. Each member is given the knowledge and tools they need to effectively complete their trip. These trainings are just the first step in our ongoing process of professional development.
TrainingWe host a training weekend at our HQ in Gothenburg to give you all the practical information you need for your trip! Including Safeguarding and CPR Training.
InsuranceAll of our leaders and staff are covered on our insurance plan while you are on a trip with us.
Flights to and from the destinationYou will fly with a group of students to your destination and get to explore a new country together!
SalaryWe offer our leaders and staff a competative salary.
Work in a multi-cultural environmentYou get the chance to work in a diverse team with people from all around the world!
ROOM AND BOARDOur Leaders and Staff recieve accomodation and meals while they are working for us.